Saturday, December 03, 2005

I'm Dreaming of a White...Thanksgiving?

It's been a week now since the expat Thanksgiving. The morning of the big day I woke up to find Dusseldorf blanketed with snow. It had started snowing the night before, but I had no hopes of finding any left in the morning; usually when it snows here, it doesn't last long (because of our proximity to the Rhine, I believe). This time, however, we were all surprised.

I quickly grabbed my camera because I wanted to preserve this moment (and because it also looked so purdy). This is the view out the living room window.

After a day of snow, we were all in a cheery mood when we arrived at A's place for dinner. There was so much food: pumpkin soup, turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, homemade sage/apple/bacon stuffing, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, corn, fresh baked biscuits, cornbread, homemade cranberry sauce. Here's the turkey, just out of the oven.

And then there was dessert: 2 pumpkin pies (one with rum, one without), 1 apple pie, and 2 banana breads.

It was a really great evening - very mellow, with lots of good conversation, and many laughs.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god, now i'm starving! you had all my favorite foods in one night!
and now i wish it was still snowing here, too...

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home