Saturday, October 22, 2005

Karaoke Lives!!


I believe that most (if not all of you) reading this blog know of my love (read: obsession) with karaoke. Well, it has been a while since I have climbed the karaoke stage to perform, and I was starting to wonder if I was going to have to arrange an evening of karaoke fun when I come to NYC in December. Fear not - you have been spared - my thirst for song has been quenched, my hunger sated.

My friend S and her boyfriend P just moved into a new apartment, and she recently had a housewarming party to celebrate. Well, one of my compatriots, P, has a karaoke machine, and he brought it to the party. Well, you can guess how the rest of the evening went. This is a picture of my friend A and I belting out something. At one point later in the evening we had a marathon session, when we sang 'Bad Girls', 'Do Ya Think I'm Sexy', and another song with this theme (the name of which I cannot remember a week later. Hmmm.). I was mighty impressed with A - she sang with a mike in one hand, and in the other hand a half-full glass of red wine with nary a drop spilled.

2 Comments:

Blogger Virginia Woof said...

yeah baby! I remember singing it up with you back in the day - Prince's "Kiss," if I recollect correct. Seems like another time, another world.... Smooches, Liebschoen!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Kath said...

We are so going to karaoke when you get back to NYC. Gotta go to that place in Red Hook....

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home