Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Scheisse!

This means 'shit' in German. It is a word I used more than once today. It was the second day of orientation week at my school. And I just found out that the classes I was told I would be teaching, I am in fact not teaching. When the school year ended last July, I went home to NY feeling good about what I was told I would be teaching: english, social studies to my 3rd grade homeroom class, and beginner english to 4th and 5th graders. No more math!

Today I found out that there have been some changes - I'll still be teaching the 4/5 beginner english class, but the english and social studies are being taught by other folks, and instead I am teaching math - again - and science...!

Science? Me? Anyone who knows me knows that is not the best idea. I don't like bugs, which, based on our brief science teacher meeting, are going to be a part of my lessons. Not just any bugs, but mealworms. The word itself - mealworms - makes me feel all squeamish.

I'm so bummed. I'll just have to hope for the best.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kath said...

That sucks!!!!!! IMHO, mealworms aren't as bad as earthworms.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home