Sunday, August 21, 2005

Mein Erste Post (My First Post)

Welcome to my blog, where I hope to chronicle my (mis) adventures learning to live in Dusseldorf, Germany. I moved here from Brooklyn, NY on New Year's Eve 2004 to live with my long-distance boyfriend, F, and to start a job as a teacher at an international school.

Before you think, "Oh, wow, the word 'post' is the same in German and in English," I must inform you that the title of this post is an example of 'Denglish'. Not to be confused with Esperanto, Denglish is an amalgam of German & English words and phrases. If you want a more thorough explanation and some other examples of Denglish see: http://www.wordspy.com/words/Denglish.asp

As I am new to the German language, I make liberal use of Denglish, and will most likely continue to do so, much to the amusement (and occasional chagrin) of F.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kath said...

rock on, fraulein!!

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Dein Blog ist der absolute Hammer!

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boring? no way! I already learned something--Denglish, who knew?

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

English, Denglish, Germish, Swahili - looking forward to reading what's on your mind in any language.

2:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read more! Already thinking of how to make it into a novel (and then a movie of course); the next Bridget Jones' Diary. only, "Allegra's Blog."

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home