Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Sense and Sensibility

A short post, as I am drowning in schoolwork...this is the first week back at school, and today was the first day that I had my new homeroom of 3rd graders. I love them. Truly. I was doing orientation with them for the 1st two periods today, and was at the point of discussing expectations for behavior. I asked if anyone could tell me how they are to behave in class, and one of my prize students raised his hand and earnestly said, "We should behave sensibly."

Well, I nearly melted right then and there. His teacher from 2nd grade is one of my British colleagues, and when I heard him say that, I just knew he had picked it up from her.

A couple of my little girls have started calling me Mrs. Mulan. Got to nip that one in the bud.

Ok, back to work.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kath said...

don't work too hard, do it sensibly! :)

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somebody's getting an A!
Karin

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll tell Anika to behave sensibly the next time she has a meltdown. Do you think it will work?

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home