Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Pandas


Ok, some of you probably already know this, but I'm obsessed with giant pandas. Specifically, one Tai Shan, the 18 week old giant panda cub born in the National Zoo. At this point, I can't even remember how I found out about the little guy, but I'm hooked.

I've also got my mother addicted, and we trade stories about him as if he were our own little cub. There was a point when we seriously considered how we might 'borrow' him for a little while. Especially on those days when his mom, Mei Xiang was being brusque with him. However, they have also shared some incredibly darling moments together, like when Mei comes lumbering in and scoops him up to cuddle him and give him a thorough cleaning. I know he can't hear me, but I nonetheless speak to him, giving him encouragement when he's trying to do something new and difficult. It's been so amazing to watch him develop and learn skills like walking and chewing on his feet (just like human babies do!).

I seem to have forgotten to mention how it is that we are able to watch our little guy: there is a Panda Cam which gives us unlimited access to his whereabouts and goings on. Check it out. I promise you won't be disappointed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kath said...

It's just panda-monium with you these days!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home