Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Remembering Cam


Last week I received the very sad news that Cameron, my Favorite Dog
Ever In This World, had passed away. He had been ill with a rare form of cancer, but with the loving care bestowed upon him by his humans, K & A, he was doing well. In fact, he had cheated the odds, and outlived the original survival time frame given by his doctor.

There are not enough adjectives to describe Cam - he was, as others have said - a gentle giant, sensitive, patient, noble, loving, expressive, soft, warm, neurotic...I could go on. All I can say is that he has ruined me for other dogs - the bar has been set so high that I can't imagine ever meeting another dog that could measure up to him. But I suppose that is his gift to us - we will surely never forget him. I know that I won't.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kath said...

You're making me cry over here. That is such a sweet picture. He sure loved you, look at that big smile! I'm so glad you got to see him in December.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home