Monday, May 08, 2006

Rock Me, Amadeus!


Just returned from a quick jaunt over to Vienna for the weekend, where F ran in the Vienna City Marathon on Sunday. When F was on a project in Vienna last fall, he always urged me to come visit, but I never did. And boy am I sorry I missed out on it earlier, because it is a beautiful city. Stunning architecture, friendly people, great open spaces and parks in which to hang out. There were many 'Mozarts' scattered around the cultural points around the city, armed with binders of information about Mozart and the city (no pics). I did feel bad for them, bewigged and clothed in brocade coats in the midst of sunny 75 degree heat.The weather was beautiful, so we didn't get a chance to visit any of the many museums, unfortunately. However, this means that we will definitely be back for another (longer) visit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home